Pop Chinn Stew. That's what Ken called his circumstantial evidence case he tried in 1983 as a young Deputy DA. I listened as he painted a wonderful word picture of his father putting together various ingredients to make a delicious pot of stew. It's been 30 years but that image of his father making the stew hasn't left my mind. In honor of Ken's dad, Vernon Chinn, we want to make some Chinn Stew of our own. Stop by from time to time and enjoy some Chinn Stew as we share some of our family happenings.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Update from Mary, 8-14-12

The plane ride was really awesome.  We got to watch movies, play games, and listen to music.  I watched several movies and played pack man.  I took a nap,  read a book and played on my iPod.  We had some meals that weren’t like my mom’s but they were good. They gave us great service and were very polite.

We stayed at my sister and brother in law’s house for a couple of days in Seoul. It was so cool. We got to experience going on a bus.  It is awesome.   If you stand up you get all wobbly and nearly fall! It was fun. We went grocery shopping and had the best shopping trip ever! There were escalators that didn’t have steps so it was slanted and magnetized.  The shopping cart would stick and wouldn’t roll of. Robert thought it was the best invention in the world!

We took a bullet train then a regular train to Pohang.  It was our first bullet train. It went so fast but you couldn’t even feel it.  We took a taxi over to Handong University. We found our apartment right away.  It was much bigger than we expected. There were two medium rooms and one bigger room. My room has two giant closets and a twin bed. It has a nice view of the mountains.  Daniel and Robert have a room with a desk and a twin bed.  Someone will sleep on the bed and someone on the floor on a mat.  My parents’ room has a queen bed, a bathroom, and a closet just like mine.  Our living room has a couch and two seats that match, a TV and a DVD player. 

Our kitchen was a big surprise. Mom expected a toaster oven but instead we have a regular size oven and a large refrigerator and even a clothes washer.  She's very happy about that.  We have a big balcony that’s big enough to be a room with a view of the campus.   

See you later.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing with us Mary! Sounds like a nice place to spend a year! Enjoy!!! I bet you'll be tall when I see you next. Big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary thanks so much for sharing your adventures! Keep it up. I would love to hear all about your experiences. I will sure miss seeing you around Zion this year! Be sure and tell your mom and family "Hi" for me! God Bless and lots of hugs, Mrs. Muniz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Take pictures of your home. Alana says "hi".

    ReplyDelete